The following are guidelines for the inclusion of restaurants on the Official Tourism Website for the State of South Carolina. The South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation and Tourism developed these guidelines to better facilitate the listing of restaurants pertinent to the promotion of travel and tourism for the state of South Carolina.
For the purpose of these guidelines, the term “restaurant” is to include:
- Don’t Miss
For inclusion consideration, restaurants:
- Must be a legally operating and tax-paying (if applicable) business.
- Must be located within the borders of the state of South Carolina and have a South Carolina site or street mailing address.
- Must be clean and meet state Department of Health “A” guidelines.
- Admission must be available to the general public without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, age, sex, or nationality according to South Carolina law.
- Cannot promote gaming/gambling, nudity, drunkenness or lewd behavior.
- The restaurant must cater to or be of interest to tourists.
- The restaurant must have tourism appeal, public relations, and/or promotional value to the State of South Carolina.
- The restaurant must be uniquely representative of South Carolina cuisine and culture.
- The restaurant must be nominated by visitors.
- Common or typical fast food or chain restaurants will not be included.
All restaurant tourism product owners, that currently have a listing on the website, may either update their entries into the electronic marketing database in a readable fashion, or by responding to and returning an annual form. All updates will be reviewed by the appropriate Data Editor before publication. If inclusion of the restaurant is denied, the respective tourism product owner may submit an appeal, in writing, to the Sales and Marketing Office of the South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation and Tourism. When the appeal has been processed, action will be taken as to the inclusion status of the attraction or accommodation in question.
Restaurants seeking a NEW listing must contact the appropriate Data Editor. Submission of a restaurant does not guarantee a listing.
It is the express responsibility of the property owner or manager to provide complete and accurate information of their attraction or accommodation. The property owner or manager is also responsible for updating this information in a timely manner as needed.
Membership with any private organization or association is not required for inclusion.
Approval/disapproval for inclusion of restaurants on the Official Tourism Website for the State of South Carolina is at the sole discretion of the South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation and Tourism. SCPRT reserves all rights for final editing of tourism product descriptions.
Last updated: January 1, 2007