Media Events 2012
SCPRT is planning major media events in three markets in 2012 to introduce journalists to our outstanding travel stories. You are invited to join us, meet these editors, bloggers and producers and help us tell the South Carolina story as you know it.
Each event should last two hours and feature good SC food and drink, a presentation from SCPRT Director Duane Parrish, and ample time for you to mix and mingle with these story decision makers. We likely will have a partner meeting about one hour before each event begins.
- Access to the media who attend (our target is 30+ media for each event;)
- A directory of media in attendance along with their contact information and details on the types of stories they’re seeking,
- Opportunity to place an item in the media gift bags or package (depending on event,)
- Opportunity to put a one-pager of story ideas in the South Carolina press kit and
- Opportunity to put your bio and contact information in South Carolina press kit.
Partner cost to attend:
- Chicago, IL -- $750
- Washington, DC -- $750
- New York, NY -- $850
- All three events at a discount -- $2,000 (if form and payment received by March 15, 2012)
If you’d like to join us, please complete the Participation Form and return with payment to Beth Fallaw at the SCPRT address on the form by Thursday, March 15, 2012.
If you'd like to pay by credit card, fill out the Participation Form and send back to us, and then click here for the credit card payment system.
After you submit payment, you can forward your press kit materials – the one page bio with contact info and photo, plus your one-page list of great story ideas – to Beth at email@example.com. The same material can be used for all three press kits. Keep in mind the following material deadlines:
- For the Chicago media event, all materials should be submitted by April 11, 2012
- For the Washington, DC, media event, all materials should be submitted by June 6, 2012
- For the New York City media event, all materials should be submitted by Sept. 19, 2012
Everyone who returns a participation form by the March 15 deadline will get information on when and where to send items for the media gift bag or package. Those deadlines and ship-to addresses will vary, so we will notify you on those details as the events shape up. In the past, we have accepted up to 50 small items (no larger than coffee cup size.) Unfortunately, we cannot return any unused items.
While we do not have a block of rooms reserved for partners at a hotel in these markets, the SCPRT staff will be staying at the hotels where the media events will take place (i.e., Radisson Blu in Chicago, Hay-Adams in Washington, DC; TBD in NYC.)
If you have any questions, feel free to call or email Dawn Dawson-House at 803-734-1779 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All airfare and transportation to and from the events will be the responsibility of the partner.