State Park Service Mission
To encourage people to discover South Carolina’s State Parks by providing resourced-based recreational and educational opportunities that emphasize the conservation, protection and interpretation of the state’s natural and cultural resources.
State Park Service Goals
1. To serve as responsible stewards of the diverse natural and cultural resources entrusted to the SC State Park Service.
2. To provide quality customer service to our customers.
3. To provide an aesthetically pleasing physical environment in parks through methods that complement the State Park Service’s mission of stewardship and service.
4. To manage the fiscal resources of the State Park Service in an efficient and responsible manner.
5. To maximize the effectiveness of the State Park Service's human resources.