Columbia, S.C. – Nine students from South Carolina colleges and universities were presented with the 2021 Tourism Student Award for outstanding academic achievement in their culinary, hospitality, and tourism studies.
Every year, faculty at each college or university selects one student from their hospitality program for the award. Winners receive a $1,000 scholarship, provided through the Fred Brinkman Memorial Fund.
The 2021 Tourism Student Award winners are:
- Cayman Maria Williams, a Parks, Recreation, and Tourism Management major from Clemson University
- Lewis Lambert, a Hospitality, Resort, and Tourism Management major from Coastal Carolina University
- Hailey Keith, a Hospitality & Tourism Management major from the College of Charleston
- Trinity Higinbotham, a Hospitality & Tourism Management major from the Culinary Institute of Charleston at Trident Technical College
- Julia Pendrys, a Culinary Arts Technology major from Greenville Technical College
- Abigail Estes, a Culinary Arts Technology/Baking and Pastry Arts major from the International Culinary Institute of Myrtle Beach
- Mark Stidham, a Culinary Arts major from Spartanburg Community College
- Meghan Keeler, a Tourism Management major from the University of South Carolina
- Bethany McDonald, a Hospitality Management major from the University of South Carolina – Beaufort
Sponsored by the South Carolina Travel and Tourism Coalition, the Tourism Student Award recognizes the state’s outstanding, full-time students from college and university tourism programs across South Carolina.
“You should be proud of your accomplishments, and you should also be proud because you have chosen to pursue careers in an industry that has a profound impact on our economy and quality of life,” said South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism director, Duane Parrish, during the awards presentation. “As tourism industry professionals, you will help shape the visitor experience for your respective destinations, encouraging travelers to discover new experiences, broaden their horizons, and feel right at home even when they are far from home… There is no finer industry to work in than the tourism and hospitality industry, especially here in South Carolina.”
For more information, contact Sam Queen at email@example.com or 803-767-3568.
View event photos here.