Jobs and Careers at SCPRT
Employment at the South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism
Discover a wide range of employment opportunities available with the South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism! We offer opportunities across all divisions of the agency including the State Park Service, SC Welcome Centers, State House Gift Shop & Tour Office, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Technology Services and many others.
- Job seekers can find all of our full-time careers posted online at SCPRT Careers!
- SCPRT also offers a variety of seasonal and part-time employment opportunities. For more information about the seasonal and part-time positions, click here!
Considering a Career in the State Park Service?
With over 47 State Parks in South Carolina, there are many career possibilities with the State Park Service. If you are considering a career with the State Park Service, check out the State Parks Career Opportunities page. This is a great resource that will review the purpose of the Park Service and highlight key job areas.
SCPRT Employee Benefits
The State of South Carolina has an excellent benefits package that adds significantly to the value of employment with SCPRT. The annual salary of a position is not the only factor to consider when looking for employment. See what else we have to offer below:
- 15 days annual leave each year (up to 45 unused days can roll over)
- 15 days of sick leave per year (up to 90 unused days can roll over)
- Choose a retirement plan that’s right for you:
- Eligibility to participate in SC Deferred Compensation Program (401k or 457)
- 13 paid holidays per year
- State Health Insurance
- State Dental Insurance
- State Vision Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- MoneyPlus Flexible Benefits Program
- Housing provided for select Park Service positions
With all the great benefits included in your employment at SCPRT, it’s important to understand your total compensation: Annual Salary + Fringe Benefits.
Employee fringe benefits with the State of South Carolina can increase compensation by up to 76%. To see what your total compensation would be at SCPRT, click here to download the Benefits Calculator!