Recreational Trails Program
The Recreational Trails Program (RTP) is a federal-aid assistance program designed to help states provide and maintain recreational trails for both motorized and nonmotorized recreational trail use.
- Administered by SCPRT under the approval of the Federal Highway Administration.
- Develop or improve trails for off-road vehicles, cyclists/mountain bikers, equestrians, hikers/walkers and kayakers/canoeists.
- Eligible applicants include state, federal and local government agencies, as well as qualified private organizations.
- All applications are graded utilizing a competitive Open Project Selection Process (OPSP) — reviewed by a grading team.
- A 20% match is required — project sponsors make payments (100%) up front and are eligible for reimbursement of up to 80% of total cost.
Please click on the links below for more information on the 2020 RTP grant cycle, the 2018 and 2019 RTP cycle, and additional eligible applicant criteria:
2020 RTP Letter of Intent (Online Form) [Closed] 2020 RTP Education Grant Letter of Intent (Online Form) [Closed]
Tentative Schedule for 2020 RTP Grant Cycle [Updated 10/24/19]
RTP Guidance, Documentation and Forms for Project Sponsors:
Procurement Certification Form | Reimbursement Request Form | Individual Volunteer Timesheet | Group Volunteer Timesheet | FEMA Equipment Form | Project Completion Form | State Procurement Purchase Procedures [Updated 5/28/19] | Program Acknowledgement Sign Requirements | Procurement / Reimbursement Checklist [Updated 5/28/19] | 2018–2019 Project Status Report | 2018–2019 Project Status Report [Word]
South Carolina Trails: