TAG Funded Guidelines
- SCPRT requires that your website contain a disclaimer statement if the lodging properties, restaurants, attractions and other tourism-related businesses you have listed are not all-inclusive.
- All organizations that receive a Tourism Advertising Grant must have a visible SCPRT Logo with reciprocal link to SCPRT’s Home Page on their web site home page.
- Only one application per umbrella organization will be accepted for submission.
- All advertising must be at least 50 miles outside of your destination/attraction/event and must include the SCPRT logo.
- All advertising must be run, billed in (invoice date) and paid for (check date) within the fiscal year of the TAG cycle (July 1 - June 30) to qualify for reimbursement.
- Events which receive funding for paid advertising purchases through a STAR grant are NOT eligible to receive funding for paid advertising through the Tourism Advertising Grant (TAG) program, regardless of which organization applies for grant funding or in which fiscal year the application occurs.
- The South Carolina tourism logo must conform to specifications outlined in the South Carolina Logo Users Guide located on SCPRT’s website. (Click on SC Logo and Usage, then on Logo Requirements on Advertising).
The TAG program will reimburse recipients for qualified paid tourism advertising expenses. Following is a list of qualified media and proof of performance requirements.
- Newspaper, magazine and directory media schedules, graphics, layouts, and text copy must receive approval from the TAG Coordinator prior to final production and placement. SCPRT’s logo must appear in all print ads. The use of the South Carolina logo must conform to specifications outlined in the South Carolina Logo Users Guide. (Click on SC Logo and Usage Guidelines.)
- South Carolina logo sizes for print media must meet the following requirements: 1 page ad, 2 inches; 1/2 page ad, 1 1/2 inches; 1/3 page ad, 1 1/4 inches; 1/4 page ad, 1/6 page ad and 1/8 page ad, 1 inch.
- Original or PDF file of tear sheets verifying the date and the publication’s name are to be submitted with your reimbursement request.
- Advertising should include a call to action, such as a URL, toll free number or QR code.
Billboards and other Out of Home advertising
- Billboards should be part of a broader marketing initiative and must be 50 miles outside of your destination/attraction/festival or event.
- SCPRT’s logo must appear in the billboard and must be no smaller than 6.5 feet wide and should NOT include the DiscoverSouthCarolina.com website.
- Provide a copy of the billboard message and location information to the grant coordinator for review and approval prior to placement.
- Submit legible photograph of posted billboard with reimbursement requests.
- Other out of home creative must be submitted to SCPRT for review prior to installation and should be part of a larger integrated program.
- Radio media schedules must include the date, name of commercial, the station location (physical address), contact name (sales manager) and phone number.
- Scripts for radio spots must receive approval from the TAG Coordinator. The script and subsequent voice over must include SCPRT’s campaign tagline: “South Carolina is Just Right!”
- All radio spots must include a tracking mechanism, such as a URL or toll-free number and/or other call to action.
- Provide an audio recording of your commercial and a copy of the invoice verifying the media schedule with your reimbursement request.
Television / Video
- TV media schedules must include the date, name of commercial, the station location (physical address), contact name (sales manager), and phone number.
- Provide scripts for television ads, including margin script, to the TAG Coordinator for approval prior to airing.
- The South Carolina tourism logo must appear in all television and/or video ads for a minimum of :05.
- Include a tracking mechanism such as a toll-free number and/or a call to action in all television and/or video ads.
- Provide a link to the video on YouTube and a copy of the invoice verifying the media schedule with your reimbursement request.
- Provide program schedule, including dates, targeted areas, and message content to the TAG Coordinator for approval prior to flight dates.
- The South Carolina tourism logo must appear in either the online advertising or on the landing page.
- Provide screenshots of the advertising in place, the number of impressions and click through results with your reimbursement request.
- Search engine marketing, or paid search, qualifies for reimbursement. Provide key words and performance data. (Search engine optimization – also known as organic search – is NOT a reimbursable expense.)
Other Paid Media Strategies
Proof of performance requirements for “Other Paid Media Strategies” category will be determined when presented to the TAG Coordinator on a case-by-case basis after approval of your grant application.
All projects must be completed and the reimbursement request sent to SCPRT by the completion date on your Project Agreement Form or by June 15.
Projects are considered complete when you have provided copies of the following:
- Complete form as indicated. Be sure your totals are correct and the Project Director has signed the form. This form may be accessed at www.TourismAdvertisingGrant.com.
Paid Dated Invoices
- Submit legible copies of itemized invoice, reflecting date, description and dollar amount. Monthly statements are not acceptable unless they contain the same pertinent information listed on invoices.
- Organizations that use an advertising agency to place advertisements must also provide copies of the media invoices.
- Invoices must be dated within the fiscal year start and end dates to qualify for reimbursement (July 1 - June 30).
- Attach a legible copy of the cancelled check(s) to the appropriate invoice to certify proof of payment. Your cancelled check should reflect payment for items that are strictly related to the project. However, if your check includes non-related expenses, then supporting invoices are required.
- Checks must be dated within the fiscal year start and end dates to qualify for reimbursement (July 1 - June 30).
Proof of Performance
- Attach original or PDF file of media tear sheets from newspaper/magazine advertisement to the appropriate invoice and cancelled check. Publication name and issue date must be clearly visible on the tear sheet (not handwritten). If this information is not printed on the page your ad appears on, please also submit a copy of the publication cover.
- Submit a photograph of each posted billboard.
- Submit a screenshot of all online advertising in place on the website.
- Include a copy of the broadcast media affidavit for TV and radio commercials, as well as the audio/video file or Youtube link.
- Delivery report for web based media including impressions delivered and clicks as well as site engagement if available.
An audit report is issued to each TAG recipient at the completion of their project. This report summarizes the allowable project costs, the amount of project costs subject to reimbursement and the amount of any funds to be reverted.
- Notification of discrepancy in this audit report must be submitted in writing to SCPRT within 30 days after receipt.
- Projects are also subject to audit by the South Carolina Office of the State Auditor.
- Approved applicants are to keep original invoices and supporting documentation for a period of three years.